Monday, January 11, 2010

Rare family photo is latest entry for free tickets to the Mesa Family History Expo

Photographs capture just a brief moment in time yet the memories and image can last a lifetme. Our latest entry from Nancy Hill is a photograph that evokes specific memories of a point in time.

Nancy wrote this background about the picture.

"This photo is of my grandmother Marion Pearle VanTine (the little girl in front) and her brother and sisters. It was taken in either 1892 or 1893. Her brother Charles who was 16 had just died and within the next year her older brother (pictured here) would die also at the age of 20. Not many photos of the family were taken and I'm so glad I have this one. I was their only grandaughter so I received a lot of pictures from both of my grandparents."
Nancy's story reminds me of how important it is to take pictures to help us remember the moments. We don't need to wait for a special occasion especially since photography is much easier for us today.
Hurry, only three days left to enter the contest. Winner receives two free tickets to the Mesa Family History Expo on January 22 and 23. Deadline for the contest is January 15. For more details and the schedule of events, visit http://www.fhexpos.com/events/upcoming.php?event_id=53. Next week is the expo and there is so much to look forward to!

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...