Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vino, Cervasa y Comida in Argentina


I have more and more stories to share about Argentina. While Judy and I gave our presentation to the local Chapter yesterday, I still have more stories to share about my journey.


Today I want to remember the fabulous wine, beer and food. Now you would think it would be relatively easy to eat in a country like Argentina which is famous for its beef and ice cream. Yes, it would be easy, except I don't eat red meat or dairy products and my Spanish was not so good.



So, I carried a note and shared it with my waiters and waitresses. It read, "No karne, no quesa, no leche." Below it I wrote, "Ok pollo, pes y pasta." Sometimes this worked amazingly well. Other times I was a bit hungry. However, everything I ate was fabulous. And the wine and beer was tremendous as these pictures testify.



While I did not eat the beef, I ate some of the best chicken I have ever had. One of the best meals we had was during our overnight bus ride to Iguazu. An accident sent us on a detour, and we ended up at a roadside restaurant. We had some trepidations, but the chicken I ate was outstanding.







Most of these pictures are from meals in Buenos Aires, Rosario, Iguazu Falls and Gualeguaychu. More to come tomorrow when I share some of the meals we shared with our fellow Argentine Germans from Russia.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...