Monday, December 29, 2008

III Congreso Nacional Alemanes del Volga


It's been over a month since our visit to Coronel Suarez and our presentation at the Congreso. It was a great day and I met some fabulous people.



The people at the Congreso celebrated our German heritage in song, dance and food.




One of the speakers, Nestor Baier wanted to meet people from Kansas so I introduced him to Harry and Marge.




My three new friends, Sophie, Haffner and Agustina.




Judy, Jerry and Jan review the settler lists in the library.




Everyone toured the booths and I purchased the Jakob Riffel book in Spanish as incentive for me to learn the Spanish. So, Spanish for Dummies, here I come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do they wear Lederhosen in Argentina? And, if they did, what would they be called? but, Oomp-Pah music is Oomp-Ph no matter where you are.

Ashley Bartkowski said...

Becky, you and me have to go there together, someday.

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...