Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Top Ten Blog Updates of 2008.... continued

OK, the countdown is on! Here are the rest of my top ten favorite blog updates from 2008

Favorite Update #4
4)
Out of the Blue from August 31 The book Zemaitis Family History by my cousin, James Zemaitis Smith, was a treasure chest of information about the Herzog & Reimer families. What a delightful surprise! Many thanks to Jim for organzing the documents and pictures of our family and providing me with two more photographs of my great-grandfather, Phillip Reimer, and my grandparents, Fredy and Sophie Reimer Herzog.

Favorite Update #3
3) Final Day in Casper from August 2...
My trip to Casper, Wyoming for the the AHSGR and GRHS combined convention created many memorable events
a) the sing-a-long with Ray Weinberger (also see Dec. 24 update of Merry Christmas Eve...I'm already missing you)
b) Time spent with Art Flegel
c) Time spent with Maxine & Ron Fiman and Cleon & Anita Davis who share Mariental as their ancestral village
!





Favorite Update #2
2) Anniversaries are so worth celebrating from February 10
The Arizona Sun Chapter of AHSGR celebrated its Thirty Year Anniversary in style at the Black Forest Mill in February. As our honored guests, Dona Reeves Marquardt and Lew Marquardt entertained us and helped us to remember the humble beginnings of the chapter.



Favorite Update #1
1) Argentina Argentina Argentina...which date is my favorite?
There isn't an update on Argentina that wasn't a favorite so to celebrate my trip, here are a couple of videos. First, Armando Heim talks with a group of fellow travelers in Hinojo.


Second, in Gualeguaychu, Dodie and Tim talk with the German Russian owner of a men's clothing store.


And, as I have said before, there is still more to document on the Argentina connection.

So, what does 2009 hold in store for us? Here are my resolutions...
*more family history stories,
*more updates about Argentina and my new South American friends
*and my ongoing commitment to document my family history on this blog.

I wish each and everyone of you a very healthy and Happy New Year in 2009!

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...