Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Terrific Thursday...



My daughter and I had the pleasure to meet Billie Jean King at Changing Hands bookstore two days ago.

I've followed tennis for years, and Billie Jean has been an integral force inside and outside of tennis. To find out how she has likely impacted your life or your daughters, visit http://www.billiejeanking.com/fact.aspx.

Her new book ;Pressue is a Privilege. Its publication coincides with the 30 year anniversary of Billie's "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match with Bobby Riggs.

The book is short yet powerful. Billie chronicles her memories of the historic match. She builds a book of golden rules for all ages and sexes to follow in pursuit of their dreams. The book is a fast,fun and inspirational read.

Billie answered questions in the jam packed store for over forty minutes. I don't remember all of the questions, however her responses entertained us. One of my favorite quotes was, "The more you know about history, the more you know about yourself."

But my best memory will always be how Billie Jean inspired my daughter to pursue her dreams. She wrote in the book to Ashley, "Go fot it." And,the attached photo says it all for me.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...