Saturday, August 02, 2008

August 2....Final full day in Casper

So much is happening, there is no way I will catch up with it all. The workshops are wonderful and the luncheon/dinner speakers are outstanding. Larry Miller created a blog for our convention months ago, and his updates are fantastic. Check out the details at http://www.germansfromrussia-casper.blogspot.com/. Larry has the conference story fully covered with excellent speaker photographs.

At our luncheon meeting today, the Arizona Sun Chapter was acknowledged for our thirty year anniversary. I received our award from Jerry Siebert and immediately gave two thumbs up to Lew Marquardt, Michael Miller and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. They immediately responded in kind.

During my lunch hour, I met Ray Weinberger. Ray grew up in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Ray contacted me when I was named Journal Editor and we agreed to meet at the convention. I asked earlier in the week if he was registered, but he hadn't arrived at that point. Lew Marquardt pulled us together. Ray shared with me his confirmation picture from Trinity Lutheran Church. In the second or third to last row was my uncle, Fred Bauer who I recognized. Ray did not stay for the lunch, but will meet up with me during the dance. Ray and I sang together at the group sing along.

My only wish is that he and Don could have met. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...