Sunday, March 22, 2009

Friday the 13th Part III


You would think indulgence at a chocolate factory would be enough. But, no, we still needed lunch. Where to go?

We headed to the car and drove directly to the heart of Historic Downtown Glendale. On my left, I saw the name Murphy and assumed it was an Irish pub. Mom agreed it was worth checking out so I turned around and found a close parking spot on the street. We walked to the restaurant and discovered the name was Haus Murphy.



Haus Murphy is not an Irish pub. Haus Murphy is a German biergarten of a restaurant which matches my heritage perfectly. We were delighted! We chose the bratwurst and enjoyed. The warm, delicious apple streudel topped off a great meal. For their full menu, visit http://www.hausmurphys.com/

We are not the only ones who think Haus Murphy is worthy of a visit. Guy Fieri of the Food Network agrees and featured Haus Murphy on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on February 23rd.



So, this third update is the finale for Friday the 13th. Stay tuned for more updates soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks...now i'm thirsty for a beer. I love the flags. Especially the Spaten on the Bavarian blue flag. My favorite beer..sigh. I also love the Bavarian flag flying to the left. i am looking at one on my wall right now. Deutschland uber alles!!! Wait..I'm French....

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...