Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bittersweet Day...


My mother who has visited with us since mid May departs today for her home in Klamath Falls. She has traveled since last December when she came here for the start of her winter southern tour. After two months in Arizona, she flew to Los Angeles for her second stop of her snowbird journey She was back here for Memorial Day weekend and has basked in the heat of the Sun Devil sun for over a month.

My goal is to continue my "Conversations with my mother" book as much as possible without overtaxing her memory. We will enjoy our time this morning, head to Tempe to pick up my oldest daughter and then eat a late lunch at Buca di Beppo in Scottsdale before going to the airport. It is a day to be savored.
Lingered over as much as is possible. And, yes, bittersweet is the best word to describe it.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Bittersweet is a great description. But your Mom will be back before you know it and yo can continue your conversations. I am glad to see you treasure these times with her. And Buco di Beppo as well.

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...