Sunday, November 04, 2007

I took a couple of days off....

After my 31 days adventure. October flew past me with so many tips, ideas, and baseball games. So, I took a few days off from my blog to regroup. I tried many of the tips and still have many to incorporate into my family history research.

I've accomplished so much. Here is a brief list of which I am quite proud:

This list assures me I have made process and yet there is so much more I want to do. I just need to pace myself.

And, sometimes, when I think I am the only one concerned about history, a close friend, Mitzi Kleidon, gives me a wonderful magazine entitled The Writer. In the December 2007 issue, the cover headline is "Write a Family History." The features explains why it is the best time ever for this pursuit. Inside you learn step by step how to write your family history. This story eases the way for individuals who say they don't know how to write to capture their memories. Check it out for yourself at http://www.writermag.com/wrt/

One of the best ideas shared in a sidebar story (which I wish I had thought of myself in October) is to write birthday letters each year for each of your children. It is a beautiful thought. The letters will be treasured heirlooms for generations. It requires a bit less time than a daily journal and certainly gives a yearly perspective of a child's life. The letters can be saved and given on an milestone birthday or other special occasion. I know I will add it to my "to do" list.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...