Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sports translates to time for Family History

The start of football means the end of US Road trip for tennis. My Green Bay Packers ruled over the Philadelphia Eagles so all is well in my home state. As I now watch Roger Federer take on Novak Djokovic (and wonder why Maria Sharapova and Robert Di Niro are in Novak's family and friends box), it helps me to sit in one spot and reflect on what is next for my adventure in family history.

Although I continue to slow down my time as Carl Honore suggests, I know October will be here almost as soon as the Federer-Djokovic match is over. And, October is special to family historians since it is nationally recognized as Family History Month.

Have you created any plans for celebration? Unless plans are formalized now, it is likely the month will pass with schoolwork, housework, job work and Halloween. I invite you to check back on this blog every day in October as I introduce my plan for the month.

"31 Days...31 Ways to make your family history live forever" will debut on bring life to family history. Will you be able to implement all of these ideas in one month? Maybe. Maybe not. However, the ideas are fantastic and you can pick and choose what works for you and your family. The fun begins in just 22 days. Or, in football terms, only 3 more games from now. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...