Sunday, January 13, 2019

Tip & Tricks Revisited...One By One...To Help You Track your Ancestors


Thanks to everyone who attended the "Tips and Tricks for Tracking Your German Russian Ancestors" yesterday at the Southeast Regional Gilbert Library.

Tracking family history ignites a passion to figure out who our ancestors were. And to understand their history requires curiosity, diligence and determination to uncover their story. As promised, I will update my blog with the tips and tricks over the next few weeks.

The "Tips & Tricks" sheet that was distributed yesterday provides you with a framework to build your family tree.  It lists all of the Tips, Tricks, website links, and books so you can search for clues for your family.  On this blog, we will revisit each point and also share the links to try to make your research a bit easier.

Before we dive into the Tips, lets review a proverb that defines what genealogy research is all about for me.


"Tell me the facts and I'll learn
Tell me the truth and I’ll believe.     
      But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.”
– Native American Proverb*
Along the way, we will find plenty of facts such as census records and passenger lists. Our journey will also include truth and beliefs, as recorded at that time. Most importantly our experience includes stories. I will share some of my German Russian family stories with you because, that's what brings our ancestry to life for me.  We'll start with Tip #1 in the next post.  See you then!



*Retrieved from https://elearningart.com/blog/elearning-quotes/. 











No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...