Sunday, December 06, 2009

From Arizona Family History Expo to St. Nick's Day


It has been a great week for family history. Earlier this week I was selected to become a blogger of honor for the Family History Expo in Mesa, Arizona on January 22 and 23rd. It is a jam packed two day event for which I will offer previews and on the spot updates. This expo is the event of the year for Arizona family historians and genealogists. If you haven't already registered for the event, click this link and register today at http://www.fhexpos.com/events/upcoming.php?event_id=53. With over 37 expert speakers and a multitude of exhibitor booths, this is an event you won't want to miss.

For updates on the expo, visit http://fhexpos.com/wordpress/


Yesterday I spoke to over sixty people at the Arizona Sun Chapter meeting. My topic, What is facebook? and why do Germans from Russia need to know about it?, sparked excellent discussion with the attendees. Everyone learned and the potluck lunch was the best ever. The Babitzke Annual Raffle generated $226 in donations for AHSGR headquarters.


And as a close to the weekend, I continue to be impressed with St. Nick's ability to choose the perfect gifts to celebrate his feast day. I received a hard cover version of The Time Traveler's Wife, my oldest daughter received Our Noise, the story of Merge Records, and my youngest daughter received Twilight, a Parody. What a wonderful preview for the holidays yet to come. And, our celebration of St. Nicholas is one of our all time favorite family traditions.


2 comments:

Energetic Storyteller, Family Historian & Grebel Lover said...

Thanks, Dr. Bill. I am looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being a Blogger of Honor. You truly deserve it.

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...