Saturday, May 05, 2007

Reinwald 1798 Census

The Reinwald census of 1798 shows Herzogs, Kerbers and Reimers as the original settlers of this small village. This verifies the hometown for my maternal ancestors as far as I am concerned. The oral history, death notice documentation, and ship manifests all match back to Reinwald. Now I need to fill the gap from my grandfather and great grandfather back to the orignal settlers. Again, I am in awe of the names and how each generation repeats the names. I am extremely impressed how in the United States, some of the names have survived despite 3 generations.

1 comment:

kimonchan said...

thank you for viciting my blog, I just the student.

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...