Friday, February 13, 2009

President Jimmy Carter....Who can argue with peace?



I attended a Presidential book signing today when Changing Hands bookstore hosted President Jimmy Carter this evening. The staff had over 1600 books on hand. The secret service coordinated everyting and made the hour wait pass swiftly.

President Carter spoke for a few mintues and then signed his new book We Can Have Peace in the Holy Land. It was great to meet the former President especially since my mother and daughter accompanied me.

Carter's message was short and sweet. And, whatever your politics, who can argue with peace? Besides knowledge of our own family history, what better legacy can we leave for our children?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very special to have met President Carter. That's too cool. I do have a question about the photo though. Is that Tom Hanks, to his left, acting as Secret Service for the Pres?

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...