Saturday, August 07, 2010

Reinwald Research Update from Lincoln, Nebraska


Since Monday I have been at the 41st International Convention of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia in Lincoln, Nebraska.

As newsletter editor for the convention, I recorded the daily activities for print and blog distribution. You can link to the blog and get complete access to the convention workshops at http://ahsgrlincolnnebraska.blogspot.com/
I did get to the research library and bookstore here and will have much more to investigate when I return home. The biggest plus of this convention? I actually met others with Reinwald as their ancestral village and, naturally, they had ties to Sheboygan, Wisconsin. We may be able to build a better information base with this group.
More pictures to come after the banquet tonight.

No comments:

Dead Reckoning, New Web site, and New Blog

  Great News!  My latest book is now available.  Dead Reckoning is my attempt to share our heritage with the next generation. It’s about a ...