- I wrote, edited and illustrated a coloring book.
- I organized, edited and published the commemorative anniversary book Thirty Years in the Desert for our local historical society and led the chapter celebration event.
- I promoted a coloring contest to celebrate the publication of Maggie Visits Grandpa.
- I assisted many friends and historians with their projects.
- And, did exceptionally well at my day job
Now, I need a little bit of time for just me. And, my two wonderful daughters. This weekend, courtesy of a marvelous award from my company, we will enjoy an unpredecented getaway. The unlimited tennis weekend at The Boulders Resort and Golden Door Spa in Carefree, Arizona has a reservation in our name. Isn't Carefree the perfect name of the spot to experience this? Family memories will be made and cherished for a lifetime this weekend. Here are simply a few of the highlights:
- Luxurious casita accommodations.
- Unlimited tennis on the five premier cushions and three classic clay courts.
- Complimentary access to the award-winning Golden Door Spa, including fitness facility, adult pool, steam rooms and Niwa pool.
- Click on the title of this blog entry and you will disocver more.
So, I will be away from computers, cell phones, lan lines and demands on my time. Only the urgency of a walk through a labyrinth maze, a meal of organic, Arizona grown food, and perhaps a massage of choice at the spa will beckon me. Retreat, relax and rejuvenate. That is my mission this weekend. Did I mention the clay tennis courts? If I meet up to Rafael Nadal, I may never come back.